Thursday, February 25, 2010

Crazy Bean Burritos =)

Tonight I made homemade burritos! Very easy imo.

Here's what you'll need:

1 sm/med onion
handful of frech garlic cloves
homemade taco seasoning
1-2 lbs ground turkey
1 can of kidney beans
extra virgin olive oil for the skillet
shredded cheddar cheese
10 soft flour tortillas (I bought mine from Aldi's-only .99!)

I prepared this whole dish in one pan. First I chopped up the onion and garlic. Added the onion to the well oiled pan, let the onion soften and brown a bit, then added the fresh garlic. Then plopped in the ground turkey and broke it up. Brown the meat and mix thoroughly with the garlic and onion... sprinkle in a nice Tablespoon of taco seasoning. Then I added the beans (drained) mixed it all up, coverd the pan to let it stew on low for about 10 min. or so. Shred up the cheese in the meantime...add it to the mix and cover to let the cheese melt--mix one last time. Then just plop a portion onto each of your soft flour tortillas! So yummy! I couldn't help but sample it as I was putting it together ;) It makes 10 good size burritos. We're going to eat half the batch for dinner ...and freeze the other half for another time ;O) Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment